Update: Gilmerton Bridge re-opens
Update: Gilmerton Bridge Update: The Gilmerton Bridge will open on demand at 6:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM for marine traffic Thursday and Friday this week.
The Gilmerton Bridge is back open!
The project finished up a week earlier than planned, and that’s sure to be good news for the morning commute.
The bridge was projected to be closed for two weeks until Jan. 20th. Crews were able to complete this phase of the project in half the time.
Overnight closures will resume today at 8 p.m. to 5 a.m through January 24. On Jan. 27, night closures will be from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday until further notice.
Drivers will be able to access the southside span of the bridge and will enjoy fewer lifts and less congestion. Mariners will also be able to benefit from the bridge span due to the enhanced clearance from 11 feet to 35 feet.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales