Eight Chincoteague-based Coast Guard members accused of drug-related offenses
According to officials, eight Coast Guard personnel assigned to Chincoteague-based units were found to have committed drug-related offenses.
Officials say the members admitted to using prohibited substances after an investigation.
Officials say they received information about allegations of drug use and prohibited substances in late November. They began an investigation and found eight members to be in violation.
The members now face restriction and forfeiture of pay and reduction in paygrade
Coast Guard policy states members will be processed for discharge by reason of misconduct if involved in drug incidents, including intentional use and wrongful possession of drugs.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales