Guns Versus Hoses, Winterblast Benefit Concert fundraise for CHKD
In Norfolk, some local bands were playing for a purpose on Sunday. The “Winterblast” Benefit Concert was held at Granby Theater.
Six bands put on a show to raise money for Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
It’s an additional fundraiser held this year to go along with the annual Guns Versus Hoses charity hockey game put on by Norfolk’s police and fire departments.
“We felt as far as doing a charity event that they would be the most worthwhile charity in the area, so that’s been our goal to support them as much as we can and raise as much money as we can for the kids for further research,” said Sgt. Richard Deleo of the Norfolk Police.
Tickets for the fifth annual Guns Versus Hoses game were also sold at the show.
The hockey game will be played on Saturday, January 26th.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge