Guns Versus Hoses, Winterblast Benefit Concert fundraise for CHKD
In Norfolk, some local bands were playing for a purpose on Sunday. The “Winterblast” Benefit Concert was held at Granby Theater.
Six bands put on a show to raise money for Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
It’s an additional fundraiser held this year to go along with the annual Guns Versus Hoses charity hockey game put on by Norfolk’s police and fire departments.
“We felt as far as doing a charity event that they would be the most worthwhile charity in the area, so that’s been our goal to support them as much as we can and raise as much money as we can for the kids for further research,” said Sgt. Richard Deleo of the Norfolk Police.
Tickets for the fifth annual Guns Versus Hoses game were also sold at the show.
The hockey game will be played on Saturday, January 26th.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial