Woman arrested for assaulting husband with frying pan
Artecia Shalese Jaynay Nichols
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News woman has been arrested for allegedly assaulting her husband with a frying pan, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
According to police, officers responded to a call of a domestic assault in the 300 block of Hickory Point Lane around 5:30 Thursday evening.
A 25-year-old Newport News man told police that he and his wife had been involved in a verbal altercation that turned physical, and that his wife hit him several times, including with small sauce pan.
He received minor injuries from the altercation.
As officers tried to take his wife, 21-year-old Artecia Shalese Jaynay Nichols, into custody she resisted and kicked one of the officers several times.
Nichols was charged with one count each of assault on a family member, resisting arrest and felony assault on a law enforcement officer.
She is being held in the Newport News City Jail.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight