81-year-old woman killed in Newport News house fire
Newport News, Va. – An 81-year-old woman died in a house fire in Newport News Saturday morning.
According to her granddaughter, 81-year-old Bobbie Grier perished in the blaze, which began around 9:50 am.
Firefighters brought the blaze under control less than 10 minutes after they arrived.
The fire department as well as the police department are investigating to the cause of the fire and the woman’s cause of death.
Newport News Fire Department spokesman Fire Chief Scott Liebold says while the fire does not appear to be suspicious, it will be treated as suspicious until determined otherwise.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations