Husband of S.C. Governor to deploy
Columbia, SC – The husband of South Carolina’s governor is heading to Afghanistan for a year.
Governor Nikki Haley and their two children said good-bye to him yesterday.
Michael Haley is a captain in the South Carolina National Guard.
His unit will work with Afghan farmers to improve farming practices.
They will undergo a month of training in Indiana before heading to Afghanistan.
Governor Haley issued a statement saying, “We are a proud military family who understands the sacrifices any family goes through when a loved one is serving his or her country.”
She also said she will miss her husband and prays for his safe return.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize