Husband of S.C. Governor to deploy
Columbia, SC – The husband of South Carolina’s governor is heading to Afghanistan for a year.
Governor Nikki Haley and their two children said good-bye to him yesterday.
Michael Haley is a captain in the South Carolina National Guard.
His unit will work with Afghan farmers to improve farming practices.
They will undergo a month of training in Indiana before heading to Afghanistan.
Governor Haley issued a statement saying, “We are a proud military family who understands the sacrifices any family goes through when a loved one is serving his or her country.”
She also said she will miss her husband and prays for his safe return.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend