Husband of S.C. Governor to deploy
Columbia, SC – The husband of South Carolina’s governor is heading to Afghanistan for a year.
Governor Nikki Haley and their two children said good-bye to him yesterday.
Michael Haley is a captain in the South Carolina National Guard.
His unit will work with Afghan farmers to improve farming practices.
They will undergo a month of training in Indiana before heading to Afghanistan.
Governor Haley issued a statement saying, “We are a proud military family who understands the sacrifices any family goes through when a loved one is serving his or her country.”
She also said she will miss her husband and prays for his safe return.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’