Couple offers $5,000 reward for beloved lost beagle named ‘Blue’
Chesapeake, Va. – $5,000 is a big reward for a little dog. It’s all to bring Blue the beagle back home.
Grover and Donna Hathaway are offering a $5,000 reward to whoever brings Blue back. They’re using mailboxes and telephone poles to get the word out.
They’ve had the beagle for about 2 and a half years now.
“My heart’s broken. It feels like it can’t be put back together. There’s not a day that goes by that you don’t cry,” says Hathaway.
$5,000 may seem like a lot, but they consider Blue to be their son.
It’s $4,000 more than the reward given by Crime Solvers for a tip that helps lead to an arrest.
The Hathaways are ready to double the reward if they don’t get him back.
He’s been missing for two months, and they believe he snuck out their fence.
So far, people have brought them dogs who look like Blue. That’s how they have their new beagle, Princess. A man brought her to them after seeing one of their signs.
But Princess is just filling a void until they can be with Blue again – dead or alive.
“If I could just bring his little bones back home and bury them in the yard, I could handle that and I could get over it. But never knowing, my heart’s broken, and I don’t think it can heal,” says Hathaway.
The Hathaways say they don’t have many pictures of Blue, but he has a growth on his front paw that makes him stand out from other beagles.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study