Route 626 closure scheduled in Sussex
SUSSEX – Starting January 17, 2013, VDOT and contract crews will begin realigning and widening an approximately one-fifth mile stretch of Courthouse Road (Route 626) between Booker Road (Route 636) and Longevity Road (Route 636).
Howard Brothers Contractor, Inc., of Lenexa, Virginia was awarded the contract in the amount of $306,000 with a fixed contract completion date of June 29, 2013.
Motorists should be aware of detours that will be in place through the end of the construction period. During this time, Robinson Road, Sussex Drive, Bethel Church Road, and Cabin Stick Road may be used to access areas surrounding the work zone. Information regarding the project may be found at http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/hamptonroads/courthouse_rd.asp.
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.va511.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 610 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam