Route 626 closure scheduled in Sussex
SUSSEX – Starting January 17, 2013, VDOT and contract crews will begin realigning and widening an approximately one-fifth mile stretch of Courthouse Road (Route 626) between Booker Road (Route 636) and Longevity Road (Route 636).
Howard Brothers Contractor, Inc., of Lenexa, Virginia was awarded the contract in the amount of $306,000 with a fixed contract completion date of June 29, 2013.
Motorists should be aware of detours that will be in place through the end of the construction period. During this time, Robinson Road, Sussex Drive, Bethel Church Road, and Cabin Stick Road may be used to access areas surrounding the work zone. Information regarding the project may be found at http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/hamptonroads/courthouse_rd.asp.
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.va511.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 610 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found