Exercise – or lose your welfare check?
Get off the couch – or lose your welfare check?
That’s the idea behind a proposal in England that promises to cut public assistance for overweight people who refuse to follow a doctor’s orders to exercise.
The BBC reports it’s part of a series of ideas on how to control more than $3 billion spent on public health campaigns.
Critics say the idea is too harsh – citing the need for different approaches to the obesity problem in the UK and in the world.
The plan could go into effect as soon as April, says the BBC.
Do you think the idea would work?
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery