Exercise – or lose your welfare check?
Get off the couch – or lose your welfare check?
That’s the idea behind a proposal in England that promises to cut public assistance for overweight people who refuse to follow a doctor’s orders to exercise.
The BBC reports it’s part of a series of ideas on how to control more than $3 billion spent on public health campaigns.
Critics say the idea is too harsh – citing the need for different approaches to the obesity problem in the UK and in the world.
The plan could go into effect as soon as April, says the BBC.
Do you think the idea would work?
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach