Exercise – or lose your welfare check?
Get off the couch – or lose your welfare check?
That’s the idea behind a proposal in England that promises to cut public assistance for overweight people who refuse to follow a doctor’s orders to exercise.
The BBC reports it’s part of a series of ideas on how to control more than $3 billion spent on public health campaigns.
Critics say the idea is too harsh – citing the need for different approaches to the obesity problem in the UK and in the world.
The plan could go into effect as soon as April, says the BBC.
Do you think the idea would work?
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call