Exercise – or lose your welfare check?
Get off the couch – or lose your welfare check?
That’s the idea behind a proposal in England that promises to cut public assistance for overweight people who refuse to follow a doctor’s orders to exercise.
The BBC reports it’s part of a series of ideas on how to control more than $3 billion spent on public health campaigns.
Critics say the idea is too harsh – citing the need for different approaches to the obesity problem in the UK and in the world.
The plan could go into effect as soon as April, says the BBC.
Do you think the idea would work?
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket