Prof: Newtown didn’t happen
A professor is causing outrage over his claims that the Sandy Hook school shooting may not have happened.
The Daily Mail reported that James Tracy, a tenured history professor at Florida Atlantic University, wrote a lengthy post on his personal blog saying that the shooting may not have happened the way that it is widely believed, if it happened at all.
The 47-year-old professor bases his claims largely on the flurry of conflicting media reports that were made as news of the shooting was released throughout the day on Dec. 14.
The Daily Mail also reported that the school has distanced itself from the professor.
Police say Adam Lanza opened fire inside the Connecticut elementary school, killing 20 children and six adults. Police say Lanza then killed himself.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News