Forbes: Virginia Beach among the 10 happiest cities to work in
According to Forbes.com, if you work in the city of Virginia Beach, you may find yourself smiling a little more at work.
Virginia Beach made the list of the 10 happiest cities to work in.
The list was compiled by CareerBliss and was based on an analysis of more than 36, 000 independent employee reviews between Nov. 2011 and Nov. 2012.
The participants were asked to evaluate ten factors that affect workplace happiness which included relationship with the boss and co-workers, job resources, compensation, company culture, daily tasks and others.
The website names Knoxville, Virginia Beach and St. Louis as three of the happiest cities to work.
In the cities that ranked the highest, co-workers and the direct manager had an influence on how the city fared compared to others.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend