Deadly ski resort “Zorb” accident caught on video
DOMBAI, Russia — One man was killed and another seriously injured after a ride in a “Zorb” at a Russian ski resort turned deadly in a terrifying accident caught on video.
According to the U.K. Daily Mail, Denis Burakov, 27, and Vladimir Shcherbov, 33, were inside the Zorb – essentially an inflatable sphere – when it veered away from the ride’s handlers and plunged down a steep, rocky canyon before coming to rest by a lake nearly a mile away.
WARNING: Disturbing video – viewer discretion advised.
The accident happened at the Dombai resort complex in Russia’s North Caucasus mountains.
Burakov was killed in the accident after suffering a broken neck and spine. Shcherbov suffered a concussion and multiple lacerations to the head and body, but was treated and released from the hospital, officials said.
Russian Police have begun an a criminal investigation into the accident. If found guilty of negligence, the Zorb’s operators could face up to 10 years in prison.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’