Deadly ski resort “Zorb” accident caught on video
DOMBAI, Russia — One man was killed and another seriously injured after a ride in a “Zorb” at a Russian ski resort turned deadly in a terrifying accident caught on video.
According to the U.K. Daily Mail, Denis Burakov, 27, and Vladimir Shcherbov, 33, were inside the Zorb – essentially an inflatable sphere – when it veered away from the ride’s handlers and plunged down a steep, rocky canyon before coming to rest by a lake nearly a mile away.
WARNING: Disturbing video – viewer discretion advised.
The accident happened at the Dombai resort complex in Russia’s North Caucasus mountains.
Burakov was killed in the accident after suffering a broken neck and spine. Shcherbov suffered a concussion and multiple lacerations to the head and body, but was treated and released from the hospital, officials said.
Russian Police have begun an a criminal investigation into the accident. If found guilty of negligence, the Zorb’s operators could face up to 10 years in prison.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found