What happened to the Beach’s proposed sports arena deal?
No sports teams are willing to take a chance on Virginia Beach — at least not yet — killing the controversial 300-million dollar arena deal.
A panel of Beach neighbors told the city in a forum recently there are problems in this region that will doom any such proposal.
The top concern was money and financing and a worry that “taxes will rise to pay for it.” But the next biggest worry was something much bigger and more expensive: Traffic.
Others said this was touted as a big deal for Hampton Roads, but neighboring cities weren’t chipping in.
Others worried the Navy wouldn’t want this in a flight path.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach