What happened to the Beach’s proposed sports arena deal?
No sports teams are willing to take a chance on Virginia Beach — at least not yet — killing the controversial 300-million dollar arena deal.
A panel of Beach neighbors told the city in a forum recently there are problems in this region that will doom any such proposal.
The top concern was money and financing and a worry that “taxes will rise to pay for it.” But the next biggest worry was something much bigger and more expensive: Traffic.
Others said this was touted as a big deal for Hampton Roads, but neighboring cities weren’t chipping in.
Others worried the Navy wouldn’t want this in a flight path.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean