Skunk tests positive for rabies in James City County
According to the Peninsula Health District, a skunk has tested positive for the rabies virus in the Oakland Subdivision area in James City County.
Anyone having information regarding any exposure to the animal (bite, scratch or contact with saliva by open wound or eyes, nose, mouth) is asked to contact the Health Department at (757)603-4277.
Exposures also include direct contact between your pet and the rabid animal. After hours, please contact local Animal Control at (757)253-1800.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time