Skunk tests positive for rabies in James City County
According to the Peninsula Health District, a skunk has tested positive for the rabies virus in the Oakland Subdivision area in James City County.
Anyone having information regarding any exposure to the animal (bite, scratch or contact with saliva by open wound or eyes, nose, mouth) is asked to contact the Health Department at (757)603-4277.
Exposures also include direct contact between your pet and the rabid animal. After hours, please contact local Animal Control at (757)253-1800.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel