Skunk tests positive for rabies in James City County
According to the Peninsula Health District, a skunk has tested positive for the rabies virus in the Oakland Subdivision area in James City County.
Anyone having information regarding any exposure to the animal (bite, scratch or contact with saliva by open wound or eyes, nose, mouth) is asked to contact the Health Department at (757)603-4277.
Exposures also include direct contact between your pet and the rabid animal. After hours, please contact local Animal Control at (757)253-1800.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down