No charges filed after players attacked with machete, pipe at Virginia Beach soccer field
UPDATE: Detectives investigated the fight, but due to the lack of cooperation from all involved in the altercation no charges were filed.
Virginia Beach – An argument at a Virginia Beach soccer field turned violent Sunday when two people pulled out weapons.
According to police, two players on the same team started arguing in the middle of a game.
It happened around 2 p.m. at the Rave Soccer Complex located on Shipps Corner Road.
Police say at one point, one of the players and a friend of his left the field and went to the parking lot, then went back to the field armed with a machete and a pipe.
Police say the person with the pipe was quickly stopped. Other players then jumped in and stopped the man with the machete who was trying to attack another player.
Some of the players received minor cuts while trying to get the weapon away from him, according to police.
Despite everything that happened, police say no one is facing charges at this point.
Police say that although everyone involved spoke to police about what happened, no one was willing to press charges.
It’s unclear what the fight was about. A player tells NewsChannel 3 it was hard to know what was happening because the two players were yelling at each other in another language, but he says it didn’t seem to have anything to do with soccer.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'