Gilmerton Bridge closure scheduled
Chesapeake, Va. – A lane closure has been scheduled for the Gilmerton Bridge.
The Gilmerton Bridge westbound lane will be closed this Sunday, January 6, 2013, from Noon to 4 p.m.
Crews will close one lane of the Gilmerton Bridge in order to remove materials and equipment prior to the float-in of the new bridge’s center span. Flaggers will guide both directions of traffic through the open lane. Motorists should plan ahead and be alert to work crews, equipment in the area and possible delays.
As a reminder, the Gilmerton Bridge will close for two weeks starting Monday, January 7 at 5 a.m. Motorists are encouraged to use Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge or the new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge (tolled) as an alternate route. For more information visit http://www.GilmertonBridge.org.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen