Berkley Bridge 9 a.m. scheduled lift may be delayed
Norfolk, Va. - VDOT has announced that the scheduled I-264 Berkley Bridge lift at 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan.7, 2013, may be delayed to accommodate the lift span float-in of the new Gilmerton Bridge.
The five-million-pound Gilmerton lift span, which will be transported via a barge through the Elizabeth River to the Gilmerton Bridge site, is estimated to approach the Berkley Bridge during the regularly scheduled 9 a.m. lift. However, due to the complicated nature of the float-in operation, the lift span’s arrival to the Berkley Bridge may be later than anticipated.
For more information, please call VDOT Public Affairs at 757-925-2500.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam