SUV crashes into Chesapeake 7-Eleven store
Chesapeake, Va. – On Wednesday morning, a driver struck a 7-Eleven store on Bainbridge Boulevard in Chesapeake.
On January 2, 2013 at approximately 6:30 a.m., Chesapeake police responded to the scene of the crash, in the 4000 block of Bainbridge Boulevard. Officers arrived on scene, and found that a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe had driven into a 7-Eleven store.
Police say the driver was leaving 7-Eleven after making her purchases at the store. She put her vehicle into drive instead of reverse, and drove into the store by accident. No injuries were reported. The fire department also responded to the scene.
Building inspectors also responded to the scene to survey the damage. The store is closed until further notice, officials say. The store owner has been notified.
Police say alcohol and drug use were not factors in this incident.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates on this story as they are available.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected