‘Batman’ threat closes Virginia school
GILES COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ7.com) – On Wednesday, most students will head back to school – but not those in Giles County. They were supposed to return to class, but school was canceled after an online article raised concerns about safety.
The article is entitled: “The Next School Massacre Target?”. It’s posted on a website that caters to conspiracy theories and UFOs.
“We have to take this as serious information,” says Giles County Sheriff Morgan Millirons.
The article connects the Colorado movie theater shooting to last month’s shooting in Connecticut and then to Narrows, Va.
The author uses a scene in the latest Batman movie that shows a map of attack sites. One is called Sandy Hook, the other is Narrows. The author writes that it’s plausible schools in Narrows, Virginia might be in danger.
“We just want to emphasize that no threat has been made to any school system here in Giles County,” says Sheriff Millirons.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly