Ann Curry reportedly begs NBC to release her from contract so she can jump to CNN
Ann Curry is begging NBC to let her out of her contract so she can accept an anchor job at CNN, according to a report.
RadarOnline.com reports Curry wants out of her contract so she can accept the coveted 8 p.m. time slot, which is currently occupied by Anderson Cooper.
Jeff Zucker, TODAY’s former executive producer and one-time NBC Universal head, will take over CNN in February.
“Ann wants out of her contract, big time. She has formally asked her attorney to explore exit options from the network. However, NBC bosses have indicated they are unwilling to release Ann from the contract. If Ann were to just quit, there is a non-compete clause, which would prohibit her from working for another news outlet for two years,” a source told RadarOnline.com.
Last week, reports surfaced that Matt Lauer is reportedly upset that people are “yelling” at him over Curry’s departure from Today.
Lauer has been at the center of negative reports since Curry left Today last summer. Many have speculated that he was the reason she was removed from the show.
Since Curry’s departure, Good Morning America has surpassed Today in the ratings.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified