Job Number: 318137
Job Description: Machine Operator
SUMMARY: The Keurig Machine Operator position is responsible for operating a machine to maximize production and maintaining GMCR’s high standard of quality.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: These positions have no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for producing highest quality product in accordance with GMCR quality standards by operating a production machine following set standards and procedures.
- Assures safe operation of Keurig machine and adheres to GMCR safety procedures.
- Prepares machine for startup and shutdown procedures on a daily basis and follows set production schedule.
- Maintains inventory of Keurig supplies and tracks scrap quantities.
- Performs operator adjustments, quality checks, and repairs to machine as needed.
- Ensures cleanliness of machine and surrounding area.
- Communicates with others (on team, across shifts, and across departments) as needed for successful completion of work.
- Takes part in continuous improvement initiatives that directly impact work and quality of product.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Special Skills (degrees, certifications, software, etc.)
Help for Special Skills (degrees, certifications, software, etc.). This link opens a new window.
Strong mechanical aptitude of packaging machine operations.
- Strong decision making, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions from management.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.