Virginia man runs 52 miles for diabetes awareness
A Virginia man ran 52 miles on Sunday, all to raise awareness for diabetes.
Mark Hammer started this journey a year ago.
On the first weekend of the year, he ran one mile.
On the second weekend, he ran two miles and so on.
He’s doing this because people in his family have diabetes.
“My grandfather had complications from it and he passed away due to those complications. My grandmother down in Florida, she is dealing with complications from type 2 diabetes and now she’ s losing circulation in her legs.”
He says that if he’s able to motivate others to get up and run, all the training will be worth it.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize