Virginia man runs 52 miles for diabetes awareness
A Virginia man ran 52 miles on Sunday, all to raise awareness for diabetes.
Mark Hammer started this journey a year ago.
On the first weekend of the year, he ran one mile.
On the second weekend, he ran two miles and so on.
He’s doing this because people in his family have diabetes.
“My grandfather had complications from it and he passed away due to those complications. My grandmother down in Florida, she is dealing with complications from type 2 diabetes and now she’ s losing circulation in her legs.”
He says that if he’s able to motivate others to get up and run, all the training will be worth it.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom