Virginia man runs 52 miles for diabetes awareness
A Virginia man ran 52 miles on Sunday, all to raise awareness for diabetes.
Mark Hammer started this journey a year ago.
On the first weekend of the year, he ran one mile.
On the second weekend, he ran two miles and so on.
He’s doing this because people in his family have diabetes.
“My grandfather had complications from it and he passed away due to those complications. My grandmother down in Florida, she is dealing with complications from type 2 diabetes and now she’ s losing circulation in her legs.”
He says that if he’s able to motivate others to get up and run, all the training will be worth it.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations