Woman bites Virginia Beach police officer
Amanda Kay Britt
Virginia Beach, Va. – A woman is now behind bars after police say she bit a police officer Thursday night.
At around 8:30 p.m. Virginia Beach Second Precinct police officers responded to a dispute call in the 1200 block of Prosperity Road. When officers arrived, they learned a woman was asked to leave the residence, but refused. The woman engaged in a physical altercation with other occupants of the home, officials say.
When the officers confronted 36-year-old Amanda Kay Britt, police say she continued to be abusive and physical toward the officers. When the officers attempted to apprehend her, she bit one of the officer’s hands.
Britt was then taken into custody without further incident. The officer, who was wearing gloves at the time of the assault, did not require medical attention.
Britt has been charged with one count of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer. She is currently in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations