Woman bites Virginia Beach police officer
Amanda Kay Britt
Virginia Beach, Va. – A woman is now behind bars after police say she bit a police officer Thursday night.
At around 8:30 p.m. Virginia Beach Second Precinct police officers responded to a dispute call in the 1200 block of Prosperity Road. When officers arrived, they learned a woman was asked to leave the residence, but refused. The woman engaged in a physical altercation with other occupants of the home, officials say.
When the officers confronted 36-year-old Amanda Kay Britt, police say she continued to be abusive and physical toward the officers. When the officers attempted to apprehend her, she bit one of the officer’s hands.
Britt was then taken into custody without further incident. The officer, who was wearing gloves at the time of the assault, did not require medical attention.
Britt has been charged with one count of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer. She is currently in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million