Taking Action Getting a Job: General Clerk II
Job Number: 331959
Job Description: General Clerk II
The employee will perform administrative and clerical duties in support of a Naval Aviation squadron. The duties may include but are not limited to:
• Official Mail Management: Receipt, appropriate handling, and distribution of U.S. Mail.
• Navy correspondence: Preparation of standard Navy correspondence, letters, and messages.
• FITREPS/EVALS: Familiarization with preparation of evaluations and reports of fitness.
• Personnel: Processing of personnel actions such as leave, pay, Page 2 preparation, SGLI, travel, and security clearances. Personnel accounting procedures including muster reports, gains, and losses.
• Records Management: File storage, maintenance, archival, retrieval, and destruction.
• Customer Service: Ability to manage phone and face-to-face customer transactions. Professional demeanor in an office setting, demonstrating courtesy at all times.
• Awards: Drafting, typing, processing, submission, and distribution of awards
• Official Travel Support: Preparation of no-fee passport applications, TAD orders, travel arrangements, Government Travel Credit Card applications, and processing travel vouchers. Familiarization with Defense Travel System (DTS) and Government Travel Credit Card (GTCC) programs.
• Executive support to the Commanding Officer and Executive Officer
• MUST be eligible to obtain and maintain a SECRET-level security clearance.
• Other administrative support duties as assigned.
Special Skills (degrees, certifications, software, etc.)
Must be ability to work in an Office Setting and be able to lift up to seven pounds.
Required Experience, Training & Certifications:
The successful applicant will possess 3-5 years of previous administrative experience working in a well-structured, hierarchical office environment. Applicants should have a working knowledge of military procedures and protocol; a high knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; a mature and respectful demeanor; and a professional appearance. Previous U.S. Navy administrative experience as a Yeoman or Personnel Specialist is a plus. Strong preference will be given to a candidate with Navy Defense Travel System (DTS) expertise.
Required Education Level: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Required Security Level Eligibility: Must be able to obtain and maintain PII/Secret eligibility.