Person shot in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a person was shot in Virginia Beach on Thursday afternoon.
The call came in at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 27, 2012. Police say crews responded after a report of a gunshot in the 600 block of Newtown Road and the 600 block of Baker Road.
Police say the victim reportedly was shot in the arm by an unknown suspect, who ran away in the direction of Lake Edward. They say the initial caller described the suspect as a black male, wearing black pants and a red hooded sweatshirt.
The victim was transported to a local hospital.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'