Person shot in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a person was shot in Virginia Beach on Thursday afternoon.
The call came in at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 27, 2012. Police say crews responded after a report of a gunshot in the 600 block of Newtown Road and the 600 block of Baker Road.
Police say the victim reportedly was shot in the arm by an unknown suspect, who ran away in the direction of Lake Edward. They say the initial caller described the suspect as a black male, wearing black pants and a red hooded sweatshirt.
The victim was transported to a local hospital.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach