Person shot in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a person was shot in Virginia Beach on Thursday afternoon.
The call came in at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 27, 2012. Police say crews responded after a report of a gunshot in the 600 block of Newtown Road and the 600 block of Baker Road.
Police say the victim reportedly was shot in the arm by an unknown suspect, who ran away in the direction of Lake Edward. They say the initial caller described the suspect as a black male, wearing black pants and a red hooded sweatshirt.
The victim was transported to a local hospital.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car