Update: Jamestown-Scotland ferry returns to regular service schedule
Update: The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry Williamsburg is back in service and the ferry is schedule has returned to normal.
Surry, Va. – VDOT says the motorists using the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry should expect travel delays until further notice while the ferry Williamsburg is temporarily out-of-service for emergency maintenance.
The Pocahontas and Virginia vessels will continue to ferry motorists across the James River using the normal ferry schedule.
The vessel was removed from service on Saturday to perform repairs on an unexpected mechanical issue.
Operations will be diminished by approximately 50 vehicles an hour while the vessel is being repaired.
Motorists should expect delays and may want to consider using the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel or the ] James River Bridge.
Motorists are encouraged to call the VDOT Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 or the ferry hotline, 24-hours a day 1-800-VAFERRY.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam