Update: Jamestown-Scotland ferry returns to regular service schedule
Update: The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry Williamsburg is back in service and the ferry is schedule has returned to normal.
Surry, Va. – VDOT says the motorists using the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry should expect travel delays until further notice while the ferry Williamsburg is temporarily out-of-service for emergency maintenance.
The Pocahontas and Virginia vessels will continue to ferry motorists across the James River using the normal ferry schedule.
The vessel was removed from service on Saturday to perform repairs on an unexpected mechanical issue.
Operations will be diminished by approximately 50 vehicles an hour while the vessel is being repaired.
Motorists should expect delays and may want to consider using the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel or the ] James River Bridge.
Motorists are encouraged to call the VDOT Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 or the ferry hotline, 24-hours a day 1-800-VAFERRY.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen