Alleged wig theft caught on camera at Beach shop
Virginia Beach, Va. – A woman swipes an expensive natural-hair wig from a store on Lynnhaven Parkway. The multiple surveillance cameras catch the woman doing the deed.
Tuesday evening, the suspect and a friend asked to try on a lace-front wig.
“She said, ‘can you show me some lashes?’” said Akilah Ferrance, who works at Hair City. “Lala went up there, and I went up to the front, and the girl came over, grabbed the wig like this, walked to the back of the store in the middle and stashed it.”
The video shows just that. The alleged thief took the wig with hair from Indonesia a few aisles down.
After taking about ten steps, she comes back. The wig appears to be hidden. The hat she was wearing was thrown out of the window of her car as she drove off.
The store owner has it in his possession, but it’s hardly a fair trade off. The hat has little value to him. The stolen wig cut $250 from his bottom line.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested