Email restored for all Cox customers, but incoming messages will still be delayed
Cox says all customers have had their email access restored after it went down across the East Coast and Midwest on Friday.
However emails received since Friday may still take several days to show up in your inbox, and may not arrive in chronological order.
Here is the latest statement from Cox:
“As of 6:30 am ET, access to Cox email has been restored to all customers previously affected by the email outage. All customers should now be able to send and receive email messages.
If you lost access to your email during this outage, we have queued your emails received since Friday. You may continue to receive these queued emails over the course of the next several days. These will arrive gradually and may not be delivered in chronological order.
Now that service is restored we are moving forward with replacing email storage platform equipment and implementing measures to prevent a reoccurrence of these issues. We will remain intensely focused on this effort until all queued email messages are successfully delivered. Technical teams continue to be on high alert and monitoring systems closely.
We deeply regret the impact this outage has had on our customers and truly appreciate their patience as all Cox resources continue to be focused on this restoration effort.
Please check back for another update at 3:00 pm. ET”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found