Steel Bridge closure scheduled
Chesapeake, Va. – A closure has been scheduled for the Steel Bridge, according to Elizabeth Vaughn, City of Chesapeake Public Works Information Specialist.
The Bridges Division will close one lane of the Steel Bridge overnight on December 18 from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
Crews will be working on lighting and bridge deck grating. Flaggers will guide traffic. In the event of inclement weather, work will be performed the following night on Wednesday, December 19.
Motorists should plan ahead and be alert to work crews, equipment in the area, and possible delays.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen