Redskins’ Minute: Will RGIII be ready to take the field this Sunday?
After coming off one of the biggest wins in years against the Ravens, the Redskins are excited for the game on Sunday against the Browns.
But one question remains: Will quarterback Robert Griffin III be ready to take the field?
Now RGIII has been on the practice field for his third straight day after suffering a sprained knee injury in last week’s game.
Now his practice has been limited and coach Shanahan said he will decide on Sunday whether or not his QB will start or if rookie Kirk Cousins will land the spot instead.
Griffin sprained his lateral collateral ligament during the fourth quarter of the Giants’ game. Cousins replaced him and spurred the team on into overtime and eventually a victory.
So Skins’ fans will just have to wait until Sunday to get the official word. The team takes on the Cleveland Browns on Sunday in Cleveland and the Skins have the opportunity to win five games in a row for the first time since 2005.
So while a healthy RGIII would be first choice for Skins fans, it’s safe to say that Cousins’ performance similar to last week’s game wouldn’t be a bad second choice.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested