Navy releases name of deceased USS Carter Hall sailor
U.S. Navy officials say Seaman Darian A. Drouin, 19, of San Diego, Calif., died Dec.12 at Pitt Memorial Trauma Center, in Greenville, NC after suffering injuries from a fall aboard USS Carter Hall (LSD 50).
Following lifesaving efforts by the ship’s emergency medical team, Drouin was evacuated via Navy helicopter to the trauma center where he was pronounced dead.
No other Sailors were injured and an investigation is ongoing.
The ship remains underway with USS San Antonio (LPD 17) and USS Bataan (LHD 5), conducting an Amphibious Group Sail training exercise.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon, and then First at Four for more details as they are released.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested