Navy releases name of deceased USS Carter Hall sailor
U.S. Navy officials say Seaman Darian A. Drouin, 19, of San Diego, Calif., died Dec.12 at Pitt Memorial Trauma Center, in Greenville, NC after suffering injuries from a fall aboard USS Carter Hall (LSD 50).
Following lifesaving efforts by the ship’s emergency medical team, Drouin was evacuated via Navy helicopter to the trauma center where he was pronounced dead.
No other Sailors were injured and an investigation is ongoing.
The ship remains underway with USS San Antonio (LPD 17) and USS Bataan (LHD 5), conducting an Amphibious Group Sail training exercise.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon, and then First at Four for more details as they are released.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship