Camden County man arrested for allegedly robbing neighbor at knife-point
Charles Ernest Smith
Camden County, N.C. – A Camden County man has been arrested after breaking into a neighbor’s home and taking a cell phone, prescription medicine and jewelry at knife-point.
Deputies responding to the incident in the 100 block of Jordan Lane arrested 35-year-old Charles Ernest Smith Jr. at his home at 124 Jordan Lane based on a description of Smith given by the victim.
Deputies recovered the stolen items and also recovered property believed to have been stolen in other burglaries in the area. Additional charges are pending in those cases.
Smith was charged with Breaking and Entering, Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Larceny After Breaking and Entering, and Possession of Stolen Goods.
He was placed on $80,000 secured bond and is being held at the Albemarle District Jail. Smith has an initial court appearance in Camden District Court on Friday December 14, 2012.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'