674 pound, 9-foot tall bear shot in Lunenberg County could set Virginia record
A bear recently killed by a hunter in Lunenberg County could take the state record for its size.
According to WTVR, 25-year-old DJ Lacks brought down the 664-pound, 9-foot tall bear with his rifle, shooting it from 75 yards away.
It took all day to remove the bear from the woods.
Although a larger record has been set per weight, the size of the bear’s head will determine if it’s the largest black bear ever caught in Virginia.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home