674 pound, 9-foot tall bear shot in Lunenberg County could set Virginia record
A bear recently killed by a hunter in Lunenberg County could take the state record for its size.
According to WTVR, 25-year-old DJ Lacks brought down the 664-pound, 9-foot tall bear with his rifle, shooting it from 75 yards away.
It took all day to remove the bear from the woods.
Although a larger record has been set per weight, the size of the bear’s head will determine if it’s the largest black bear ever caught in Virginia.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'