674 pound, 9-foot tall bear shot in Lunenberg County could set Virginia record
A bear recently killed by a hunter in Lunenberg County could take the state record for its size.
According to WTVR, 25-year-old DJ Lacks brought down the 664-pound, 9-foot tall bear with his rifle, shooting it from 75 yards away.
It took all day to remove the bear from the woods.
Although a larger record has been set per weight, the size of the bear’s head will determine if it’s the largest black bear ever caught in Virginia.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury