Road rage incident leads to shooting in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – An early morning case of road rage ended with gunfire in the Kings Grant section of Virginia Beach.
Police say just after 1am two men got angry at each other while driving in the neighborhood.
It continued all the way to Michael Kemp`s home off Oxford Drive.
That`s where the 20-year-old fired several shots at the other man`s car as he tried to drive away.
One bullet struck the man but he managed to drive several blocks away to Queen Elizabeth Drive before calling 911.
Neighbor Butch Poland couldn`t believe Kemp – someone she watched grow up – could be involved.
“I’ve kind of watched him grow up – so that`s why I said I don`t know what happened. It had to be an isolated incident. I don`t think it`s going to happen again. Knowing his parents like I do I would say it won`t happen again.”
NewsChannel 3 went by Kemp`s house Thursday afternoon but the people who answered the door didn’t want to talk.
Poland meanwhile says she has no reason to fear Kemp even after his arrest .
“I’ve never seen him do anything like that or have any reason to fear him. If that`s the case I should worry about him when my grandkids are driving but I don`t.”
Kemp is in the Virginia Beach jail facing several charges.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly