Man found dead near scene of Newport News restaurant burglary
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police say a body found in the backyard of a home on Grace Drive may be related to a burglary of the La Pena Horeb restaurant nearby.
Police spokesman Harold Eley says the body of 27-year-old Ashley Hill of Newport News was found in the backyard around 8am Saturday morning and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have gathered evidence which preliminarily relates the two scenes, but caution a final determination cannot be made until the result of the medical examination and tests on located evidence have returned.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Newport News Police Investigations Bureau at 757-928-4307.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales