Man found dead near scene of Newport News restaurant burglary
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police say a body found in the backyard of a home on Grace Drive may be related to a burglary of the La Pena Horeb restaurant nearby.
Police spokesman Harold Eley says the body of 27-year-old Ashley Hill of Newport News was found in the backyard around 8am Saturday morning and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have gathered evidence which preliminarily relates the two scenes, but caution a final determination cannot be made until the result of the medical examination and tests on located evidence have returned.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Newport News Police Investigations Bureau at 757-928-4307.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says