Special patch to be worn during Army/Navy game to honor man killed in helicopter crash
A special patch will be worn at this year’s Army/Navy Game–the SEAL Team 3 patch of Brenden Looney.
Looney was one of six Americans killed in a 2010 helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan.
Looney’s family just visited Virginia Beach three months ago, to participate in the Travis Manion 9/11 Heroes Run in his honor.
Navy linebacker Brye French will wear the former Navy football player’s patch.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'