Special patch to be worn during Army/Navy game to honor man killed in helicopter crash
A special patch will be worn at this year’s Army/Navy Game–the SEAL Team 3 patch of Brenden Looney.
Looney was one of six Americans killed in a 2010 helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan.
Looney’s family just visited Virginia Beach three months ago, to participate in the Travis Manion 9/11 Heroes Run in his honor.
Navy linebacker Brye French will wear the former Navy football player’s patch.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave