Man shot overnight in Virginia Beach near Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are investigating after they say a man was shot overnight in Virginia Beach.
It happened at 2:26 a.m. Thursday morning. Officer Jimmy Barnes with the Virginia Beach Police Department says emergency crews receieved the call after gunshots were heard near the 1000 block of Chinquapin Lane.
Police officers arrived at the scene to find the victim lying on the porch of a townhome suffering from a minor injury to his head and a gunshot wound to his abdomen.
The victim was transported to a local hospital by Fire and EMS teams; police say his injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
Police say the victim had met the shooter earlier in the evening, and was later dropped off in the parking lot of the townhomes.
No suspect information is yet available. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they come in.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested