Man shot overnight in Virginia Beach near Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are investigating after they say a man was shot overnight in Virginia Beach.
It happened at 2:26 a.m. Thursday morning. Officer Jimmy Barnes with the Virginia Beach Police Department says emergency crews receieved the call after gunshots were heard near the 1000 block of Chinquapin Lane.
Police officers arrived at the scene to find the victim lying on the porch of a townhome suffering from a minor injury to his head and a gunshot wound to his abdomen.
The victim was transported to a local hospital by Fire and EMS teams; police say his injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
Police say the victim had met the shooter earlier in the evening, and was later dropped off in the parking lot of the townhomes.
No suspect information is yet available. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they come in.
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- 911 calls released after man is dragged under car for miles
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia