HRT bus catches fire in Chesapeake
Chesapeake Va. – A Hampton Roads Transit bus caught fire and briefly closed lanes in the 1300 block of S. Military Highway this morning.
Chesapeake Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at 11:08 am and found flames and smoke coming from a rear-wheel well on the bus.
The fire was brought under control at 11:28 am.
The fire dept. says the cause of the blaze appears to be a mechanical issue.
All passengers evacuated the bus without injury.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen