HRT bus catches fire in Chesapeake
Chesapeake Va. – A Hampton Roads Transit bus caught fire and briefly closed lanes in the 1300 block of S. Military Highway this morning.
Chesapeake Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at 11:08 am and found flames and smoke coming from a rear-wheel well on the bus.
The fire was brought under control at 11:28 am.
The fire dept. says the cause of the blaze appears to be a mechanical issue.
All passengers evacuated the bus without injury.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'