Wisconsin judge orders man to stop having children
A judge in Wisconsin has ruled that a man cannot have any more children until he can prove he can pay for them.
“Judges, they make rulings that sometimes… they make them kind of hastily, so if that’s what he feels one of my conditions should be then I’m going to abide by it.”
Corey Curtis says he was satisfied with the judge’s ruling and he’s ready to move on.
He faced charges of failure to support two of his 9 children he fathered with 6 women. According to court records, Curtis has a balance of roughly $85,000 including interest owed to the mother of those two now adult children!
Although the criminal complaint says otherwise, Curtis says he’s been making payments for the last two years and he says he loves all his kids and has a good relationship with his younger children. As for possible perception of Curtis as a deadbeat dad…
“There’s a lot of people that always have something negative to say. Unfortunately those are the people that don’t even know you anyway,” he says.
Curtis is on three years of probation.
As part of that, he was ordered to keep up with his child support.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson