Five displaced in Norfolk house fire
Norfolk, Va. – According to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson of Norfolk Fire & Rescue, five people have been displaced after a house fire in the 1500 block of Greenleaf Drive on Tuesday morning.
The call was received at 11:10 a.m. Crews arrived on scene minutes later, to find smoke and flames showing from the second floor, officials tell NewsChannel 3. The fire began in one of the bedrooms, in the second floor apartment of the building.
All occupants made it out of the structure.
Battalion Chief Julian Williamson says the fire was caused by a “faulty electrical extension chord”.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time