Five displaced in Norfolk house fire
Norfolk, Va. – According to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson of Norfolk Fire & Rescue, five people have been displaced after a house fire in the 1500 block of Greenleaf Drive on Tuesday morning.
The call was received at 11:10 a.m. Crews arrived on scene minutes later, to find smoke and flames showing from the second floor, officials tell NewsChannel 3. The fire began in one of the bedrooms, in the second floor apartment of the building.
All occupants made it out of the structure.
Battalion Chief Julian Williamson says the fire was caused by a “faulty electrical extension chord”.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids