Singer Trey Songz responds to rumors about affair with football player’s girlfriend
Singer Trey Songz is speaking out about a deadly murder-suicide involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend.
Several blogs first reported Belcher and 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins argued after she went to a Trey Songz concert.
Rumors swirled that Belcher thought she was having an affair with the R and B singer.
The Virginia native responded to the reports this weekend via Twitter.
He said he had no knowledge of the murder – suicide incident and it had nothing to do with him.
He added that he was sending prayers to the family and friends.
Authorities did not release a possible motive for the murder-suicide, though police did confirm there had been arguing.
Today, Belcher’s agent says he did not see any warning signs.
The two have a 3-month-old child.
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man dragged under car for four miles in James City County
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia
- BREAKING: Officer shoots, kills suspect at Wells Fargo in Norfolk; another suspect in custody