Singer Trey Songz responds to rumors about affair with football player’s girlfriend
Singer Trey Songz is speaking out about a deadly murder-suicide involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend.
Several blogs first reported Belcher and 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins argued after she went to a Trey Songz concert.
Rumors swirled that Belcher thought she was having an affair with the R and B singer.
The Virginia native responded to the reports this weekend via Twitter.
He said he had no knowledge of the murder – suicide incident and it had nothing to do with him.
He added that he was sending prayers to the family and friends.
Authorities did not release a possible motive for the murder-suicide, though police did confirm there had been arguing.
Today, Belcher’s agent says he did not see any warning signs.
The two have a 3-month-old child.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly