Report: Million dollar Powerball ticket sold in Richmond
(WTVR) – A Powerball ticket worth $1 million was sold at the North Lombardy Street Kroger, according to the Virginia Lottery. The ticket was one of four million-dollar winners sold in Virginia.
The other tickets were sold in Arlington, Daleville and Harrisonburg.
Two tickets – one sold in Missouri and one in Arizona – matched all the winning numbers — 5, 16, 22, 23, 29, and Powerball 6. Those winners will split the $579.9 million jackpot, the largest ever for Powerball.
The cash option for the prize is $384 million which will be split equally.
Yesterday, Virginians bought Powerball tickets at a rate of 9,000 per minute across 5,300 Virginia Lottery retailers in the Commonwealth.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge