Report: Million dollar Powerball ticket sold in Richmond
(WTVR) – A Powerball ticket worth $1 million was sold at the North Lombardy Street Kroger, according to the Virginia Lottery. The ticket was one of four million-dollar winners sold in Virginia.
The other tickets were sold in Arlington, Daleville and Harrisonburg.
Two tickets – one sold in Missouri and one in Arizona – matched all the winning numbers — 5, 16, 22, 23, 29, and Powerball 6. Those winners will split the $579.9 million jackpot, the largest ever for Powerball.
The cash option for the prize is $384 million which will be split equally.
Yesterday, Virginians bought Powerball tickets at a rate of 9,000 per minute across 5,300 Virginia Lottery retailers in the Commonwealth.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations