“Bath Salts” community forum tonight in New Kent
James City County – The Colonial Community Criminal Justice Board invites the public to attend one of two upcoming community information forums on “bath salts” and synthetic drugs:
- Monday, Dec. 3, 7-8:30 p.m. Tabb Library, 100 Long Green Road, Yorktown, VA 23693
- Monday, Dec. 10, 7-8:30 p.m. New Kent High School, 7365 Egypt Road, New Kent, VA 23124
Dr. Eleanor Erwin, Director of Emergency Medicine at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, and Investigator Dave Rochard, James City County Police and Tri-Rivers Narcotics Task Force, will provide information on this growing threat to health and public safety. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
In late October, Governor McDonald’s Office announced an initiative called SAVVY (Substance Abuse Awareness Vital for Virginia Youth) which encourages community-based education on the topic. The Forums give the Criminal Justice Board the opportunity to share this vital information with the community.
For more information about “bath salts” and synthetic drugs, contact Jack Fitzpatrick, Criminal Justice Planner for the Colonial Community Criminal Justice Board at 757-564-2311; Jack.Fitzpatrick@jamescitycountyva.gov.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'