“Bath Salts” community forum tonight in New Kent
James City County – The Colonial Community Criminal Justice Board invites the public to attend one of two upcoming community information forums on “bath salts” and synthetic drugs:
- Monday, Dec. 3, 7-8:30 p.m. Tabb Library, 100 Long Green Road, Yorktown, VA 23693
- Monday, Dec. 10, 7-8:30 p.m. New Kent High School, 7365 Egypt Road, New Kent, VA 23124
Dr. Eleanor Erwin, Director of Emergency Medicine at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, and Investigator Dave Rochard, James City County Police and Tri-Rivers Narcotics Task Force, will provide information on this growing threat to health and public safety. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
In late October, Governor McDonald’s Office announced an initiative called SAVVY (Substance Abuse Awareness Vital for Virginia Youth) which encourages community-based education on the topic. The Forums give the Criminal Justice Board the opportunity to share this vital information with the community.
For more information about “bath salts” and synthetic drugs, contact Jack Fitzpatrick, Criminal Justice Planner for the Colonial Community Criminal Justice Board at 757-564-2311; Jack.Fitzpatrick@jamescitycountyva.gov.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel