Update: Fatal crash victim at J Clyde Morris Boulevard identified
Newport News, Va. – A person was hit and killed by a vehicle on J Clyde Morris Boulevard between San Jose Drive and Sierra Drive on Tuesday morning, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
The call came just before 11:30 a.m. Officials say police and medics responded to a report of an auto/pedestrian traffic crash on J Clyde Morris Boulevard between San Jose Drive and Sierra Drive.
When crews arrived, emergency personnel found a man lying in the roadway, as well as a 2007 Chrysler four-door sedan with extensive damage to the front of the vehicle. Officials say the windshield was also damaged. Medics pronounced the victim deceased at the scene.
Witnesses told police that the victim was running northbound crossing J Clyde Morris Boulevard, crossed the three eastbound traffic lanes, the median, and two of the westbound traffic lanes, and was then struck as he crossed the right travel lane. Police say the man was not crossing at an intersection.
Police have now identified the victim as Allen Christopher Cutler Thomas, Jr., 38, of the 300 block of Main Street in Newport News.
The investigation remains ongoing. At this time, the driver of the Chrysler has not been charged.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’