Two small children removed, two dogs seized from Portsmouth home
Portsmouth, Va. – According to Portsmouth police, two small children and two dogs had to be removed from a Portsmouth home after an investigation.
They say a family member asked authorities to go to a home in the first block of Charton Court on November 24.
Officers say they found unsuitable conditions for the children.
Child Protective Services, Naval Criminal Investigative Services, Base Police and Portsmouth Police Officers conducted an investigation and a 2-year-old and a 5-month-old were removed from the home. They were turned over to a family member police say.
Two dogs were also seized by Portsmouth Animal Control officers. They say the animals did not have water, food or shelter and they were found in the backyard chained to an object.
Police say the owner facing charges related to the animals. The owner has been identified as 22-year-old Bridgett Rutkowski.
Stay with us for more updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury