Road closure scheduled for West Washington Street in Suffolk
In preparation for the construction of the new E911/Municipal Center, a contractor for the Department of Public Utilities will be performing utility work within the 400 block of West Washington Street.
Officials say the work will include re-lining of the sewer main, replacement of water and sewer service lines, and the abandonment of inactive service lines.
To perform the necessary utility work, a portion of West Washington Street extending from Wellons Street to Chestnut Street will be closed to through traffic between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Wednesday, November 28th, through Friday, December 14th. Access to local businesses within the work zone will be provided.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage