Man hospitalized in Suffolk warehouse accident
Suffolk, Va. – A man was injured while on the job in a Suffolk warehouse last week, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
On November 21 at approximately 8:49 p.m., a police officer responded to an industrial accident that happened at the Target warehouse located at 300 Manning Bridge Road.
The floor supervisor at Target told the police officer that he found the victim in a work trailer unconscious and on the floor.
The floor supervisor immediately contacted warehouse medical personnel at the time of the accident. Police say the victim was stacking boxes, when they fell on top of him, striking him in the head. Suffolk fire and rescue crews also responded.
The victim was transported by Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. OSHA was notified about the incident.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates on this story, and be sure to watch starting First at Four.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified