James City County Police to offer firearm safety class
The James City County Police Department will offer a free firearm safety class for adults on December 11 from 7-9 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center, 4600 Opportunity Way.
The class will cover basic safety, handling, and storage, but will not include hands-on training. Personal firearms should be left at home in a secure location.
Pre-registration is required and class size is limited.
Call MPO McDowell at 757-603-6026 to register.
Grant funding received from the National Rifle Association Foundation and Project ChildSafe was used to purchase class materials and gunlocks. Free gunlocks are available at the class or by calling Sergeant Steve Humphries at 757-603-6022.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call