James City County Police to offer firearm safety class
The James City County Police Department will offer a free firearm safety class for adults on December 11 from 7-9 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center, 4600 Opportunity Way.
The class will cover basic safety, handling, and storage, but will not include hands-on training. Personal firearms should be left at home in a secure location.
Pre-registration is required and class size is limited.
Call MPO McDowell at 757-603-6026 to register.
Grant funding received from the National Rifle Association Foundation and Project ChildSafe was used to purchase class materials and gunlocks. Free gunlocks are available at the class or by calling Sergeant Steve Humphries at 757-603-6022.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?