Newport News father charged with abusing 2-month-old daughter
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News father has been charged with abusing his 2-month-old daughter.
21-year-old Akhenaton Zakariyyaa has been charged with two counts of aggravated malicious wounding and two counts of felony child abuse.
Police say they were called to Naval Medical Center Portsmouth on Friday by emergency room personnel who reported the infant suffered from signs of abuse, include numbers bone fractures throughout her body.
Zakariyyaa is currently being held in the Portsmouth City Jail and will eventually be transferred to the Newport News City Jail.
The infant remains in the pediatric intensive care unit.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery