Crews put out fire inside church in Chesapeake
Fire crews were on the scene of a church fire in Chesapeake on 1425 Gust Lane in Deep Creek.
When crews arrived, they say they found a room in the back of the building on fire.
The fire was under control at 2:48 p.m. and it was out at 2:50 p.m.
There was one room that had fire damage and the building was filled with smoke.
Officials say no one was in the building at the time.
Crews say the cause of the fire appears to be accidental related to an electric space heater coming into contact with combustibles.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach