Crews put out fire inside church in Chesapeake
Fire crews were on the scene of a church fire in Chesapeake on 1425 Gust Lane in Deep Creek.
When crews arrived, they say they found a room in the back of the building on fire.
The fire was under control at 2:48 p.m. and it was out at 2:50 p.m.
There was one room that had fire damage and the building was filled with smoke.
Officials say no one was in the building at the time.
Crews say the cause of the fire appears to be accidental related to an electric space heater coming into contact with combustibles.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge